What does an Assistant Manager at Wings Over do?
- Works in conjunction with General Manger (GM), the Assistant Manager (AM) oversees the daily operations of Wings Over Restaurant by working with team members to ensure outstanding customer service to maximize sales and to control food, labor and other operating costs.
- Oversees staff and operations during assigned shifts.
- Controls foods costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Places food orders based on established pars.
- Conducts and allocates precise daily and weekly inventory of restaurant food products and dry good.
- Assists GM to attract customers by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs.
- Works with GM to implement restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with members of the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Works with GM to achieve restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic and action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining improvements and implementing change.
- Assists GM in accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining hourly staff; communicating job expectations; assisting with planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Inputs weekly schedule into the POS system based on the GM’s recommendation.
- Maintains operations by following established policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways. Reports issues following procedures.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Continually improves job knowledge by participating in manager meetings, educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Availability during our hours of operation which includes evenings, late night, weekends and some holidays
- Skillful to provide outstanding customer service and maintain customer focus to increase sales
- Experience controlling food, labor and other operational costs to show increase profits
- Experience with people management and an the able to nurture, coach, mentor and hold team members accountable
- Capable to develop team member schedule and flex based on sales volume demands
- Experience resolving conflict with customers and team members
- Ability to identify poor process and knowledge to create new and more efficient to processes
- Possess solid communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and able to multitask
- Time management and deadline oriented
- Self-Motivated and a High Energy Level
- Average minimum 1 years’ experience in food service management, required
- Experience with fast casual restaurant with delivery, preferred
- High school diploma/GED, required
- Associate’s degree or higher in Hospitality or Food Service, preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and able to provide appropriate documentation to complete the form I-9 within 3 days of their first day of employment
- Must be 18 years of age, acceptable criminal background check, possess a valid driver’s license, maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR), proof of insurance and have a satisfactory vehicle
- Full and part-time positions
- Competitive starting hourly rate, medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid vacation and paid holidays
- Quarterly incentive bonus
- Performance reviews and potential pay increases after 6 and 12 months and annually thereafter.
- Advancement opportunities – we prefer to promote from within
Savin Foods is a growing franchise operator of Wings Over and Smashburger fast casual restaurants. In January 2005, Savin Foods was formed and purchased two existing Wings Over locations: Wings Over West Hartford and Wings Over Storrs. In 2013 Savin Foods purchased the greater Boston territory for the Smashburger franchise.
Today, we have 5 Wings restaurants in central Connecticut, 4 in the greater Boston area and one Smashburger in Natick MA with additional Smashburger being opened in Westwood and Medford MA in early 2015.
Savin Foods is committed to providing its guests with great food and exceptional service. We are committed in our pursuit of excellence with regard to our food, our service, and our people. Team members are the foundation of our company and we will provide them with clear, consistent, strategic leadership and career opportunities.
- Valid Driver’s License